Aperture Card Scanning & Conversion Service
As with microfilm and microfiche scanning, The Windward Group has many decades of aperture card scanning experience. Located just north of New Orleans, we serve clients in Baton Rouge, throughout Louisiana, the Southeast and around the country.
We will scan all of your engineering drawings, land records, maps and any other documents you have on any format of aperture card, including
- Standard 80 column Hollerith aperture cards: M1 and M4
- Duplicards: M2, M3 and colored
- Polyester pocket cards D-1635, D-618, DBL-D, and TJ-300 and the larger MIL-D10, M-4518 and M-3516)
- Camera cards
The Aperture Card Scanning Process
Once we receive your aperture cards (ask us about our pick-up service), we will prep them, scan them, and convert your film into PDF, TIFF or any other digital format you need. You will have the option for full-text search via optical character recognition (OCR). We then upload these document images to your document management software or file server.
Benefits of Aperture Card Scanning
If the only copy of your important documents are on aperture cards, you run the risk of the cards getting lost, getting damaged by floods or fire, and document retrieval can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. By having The Windward Group scan all of your aperture cards, you will experience the following benefits:
- All documents on aperture cards are instantly accessible: no more hunting through cards
- Disaster prevention and business continuity: you need not fear something destroying your information as long as you back up your digital images
- Instant image retrieval: especially useful during an audit
- You no longer need to maintain aperture card reader/printers: saves you money and headaches
- You can reclaim office space from reader/printers and boxes of aperture cards
We have special expertise scanning aperture cards for oil & gas energy producers, manufacturers and government agencies. We can also handle all of your microfilm, microfiche, paper document, and engineering drawing/plan scanning needs.