Microfilm Scanning & Conversion Service
The Windward Group has many decades of microfilm scanning experience. Located just north of New Orleans, we serve clients in Baton Rouge, throughout Louisiana, the Southeast and around the country.
The Microfilm Scanning Process
We will scan all of your HR records, engineering drawings, land records, and all other legacy microfilm documents. We will scan your 16mm and 35mm microfilm rolls, convert them into PDF, TIFF or any other digital format you need, with the option for full-text search via optical character recognition (OCR), and then upload them to your document management software or file server.
Benefits of Microfilm Scanning
If the only copy of your important documents are on microfilm, you run the risk of the rolls getting lost, getting damaged by floods or fire and document retrieval can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. By having The Windward Group scan all of your microfilm, you will experience the following benefits:
- All microfilmed documents are instantly accessible: no more hunting through rolls on ancient microfilm reader/printers
- Disaster prevention and business continuity: you need not fear something destroying your information as long as you back up your digital images
- Instant image retrieval: especially useful during an audit
- You no longer need to maintain microfilm reader/printers: saves you money and headaches
- You can reclaim office space from reader/printers and boxes of microfilm
We have special expertise scanning microfilm for city, parish and county courts, oil & gas, education, and healthcare. We can also handle all of your microfiche, aperture card, paper document, and engineering drawing/plan scanning needs.